Frequently Asked Questions About PTK International Honors Certificates

  1. What is an International Honors Certificate course?
    International Honors Certificate courses are online courses being offered to DCCCD students in conjunction with Phi Theta Kappa (PTK). IHC courses are being offered online by three different four-year institutions with DCCCD course equivalencies.
    The courses include a capstone unit that will help you develop a personal plan to study abroad, including locating and applying for scholarships.
    When you finish the IHC course, you will receive a specialization certificate from the four-year university and a certificate in International Leadership in Action and Development (ILIAD) from PTK.
  2. Who is eligible to take an IHC course?
    All students of the colleges of DCCCD who are members of PTK or who are eligible to apply for PTK may participate. Students who have a college-level GPA of 3.5 and who have completed 12 college-level credit hours eligible.
  3. What IHC courses are being offered?
    See the list of IHC courses and their equivalent courses at the colleges of DCCCD on the main PTK IHC page.
  4. How do I register for the IHC courses?
    Contact the Richland Online Advisor at to register for the course.
  5. Can I use financial aid to pay for an IHC course?
    Yes, if you qualify for financial aid. You must register for the course before the classes start. The normal DCCCD tuition per credit hour, depending on residency, applies.
  6. I am a Dual Credit or Early College High School student. Can I participate?
    If you are a Dual Credit or Early College High School student, talk to your high school counselor to find out if you can enroll.
  7. When do the IHC courses start?
    The IHC courses are scheduled for each semester and start at the beginning of the semester. If you register for one of these courses, you will receive instructions via email before the classes start on how to access the courses.
  8. What is the cost of the course?
    Standard DCCCD tuition rates apply to the course, including in-county, out-of-county, in-state and out-of-state rates.
  9. How will the course appear on my transcript?
    Your transcript will show the DCCCD course equivalency.
  10. Whom should I contact for more information?
    Contact the Phi Theta Kappa advisor at your college.

For more information:

Contact a PTK advisor