Veterans Retraining Assistance Program (VRAP)
News Flash for VRAP student: Last day to submit VA Application VA 22-1990R online is October1,2013. RLC Deadline for Spring 2014 certification is January 15th need to have your request submitted into our office no later than January 15th . If submitted after January 15th, we cannot ensure it will get to the VA Regional Office on time.
VRAP Public Service Announcement
Congress passed, and the President has signed into law, the VOW to Hire Heroes Act of 2011. Included in this new law is the Veterans Retraining Assistance Program (VRAP). VRAP offers up to 12 months of training assistance to unemployed Veterans.
The VRAP offers 12 months of training assistance to Veterans who:
- Are at least 35 but no more than 60 years old
- Are unemployed on the date of application
- Received an other than dishonorable discharge
- Are not be eligible for any other VA education benefit program (e.g.: the Post-9/11 GI Bill, Montgomery GI Bill, Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment Assistance)
- Are not in receipt of VA compensation due to unemployability
- Are not enrolled in a federal or state job training program
The program is limited to 45,000 participants from July 1, 2012, through September 30, 2012, and 54,000 participants from October 1, 2012, through March 31, 2014. Participants must attend full-time in order to receive up to 12 months of assistance equal to the monthly full-time payment rate under the Montgomery GI Bill–Active Duty program ($1,564 effective October 1, 2012). DOL will offer employment assistance to every Veteran who participates upon completion of the program.
Here is what you need to get started:
a. VA Application —
Please print application page with confirmation page from the Veterans On-line Application Web site (VONAPP)
and once you have received your Certificate of Eligibility, please bring us a copy. Use VA Application 22-1990R
b. Select your program that is listed under the listing of high demand occupations.
c. RLC Data Sheet
d. RLC Certificate of Understanding
e. Official Degree Plan
- Certifications will be done once the transcripts have been evaluated and the official degree plan has been received from the Administrations Office or a parent letter has been received from your main college / university. The degree plan request form is currently available in the Admissions and VA Offices. Transcripts must be turned in to the Admissions Office. Click here For Degree Plan Request Form.
For new DCCCD students, new Degree plans will not be printed to 2 weeks after school starts.
f. Registration Summary -
(eConnect - login required) — This is submitted every semester in which you want to claim your education benefits.
For Continuing VRAP Students
If you are a returning VA student who needs to be certified for the next term:
- Certification request form: This is a form for all students requesting VA benefits. This is required for each term along with the Tuition Account Summary for the same term. Please write down VRAP next to the Chapter section.
- Submit your Tuition Account Summary (eConnect - login required). This is submitted every semester in which you want to claim your education benefits.