All credit students can pay current tuition online with a credit card, unless you have certain blocks on your record.
Paying In Person
Richland's cashier windows are located in Thunderduck Hall (T140A) and are open from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m., Monday through Thursday; 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Friday; and 9 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. on Saturday.
- Checks should be made payable to Richland College and require the same information listed in the Paying by Mail section on this page.
- Money orders should be made payable to Richland College and include the studentís name and student ID number as well as a daytime telephone number.
- Credit card payments require the same information listed in the Paying by Mail section on this page.
- Third-party billings require a voucher or letter from the business or agency paying the tuition and must be presented to Accounts Receivable located in the Business office (T140) before your tuition payment due date.
- Waivers must be taken to Admissions or Financial Aid.
Paying by Drop Box
A drop box is located at the east and west entrances to Thunderduck Hall and is accessible 24 hours a day, seven days a week. You must include a copy of the Student Registration Summary along with your tuition payment in the drop box. Payment must be received by 3 p.m. Monday through Friday to be posted that business day. FULL TUITION MUST BE PAID IF USING THE DROP BOX.
Drop Box payments can be by check, money order, or credit card. Payments must include the student's name and ID number, a daytime phone number as well as information listed in the Paying by Mail section on this page. DO NOT PAY BY CASH WHEN USING THE DROP BOX.
Paying by Mail
Mail payments to: Richland College, ATTN: Cashier, 12800 Abrams Road, Dallas, TX 75243-2199. A copy of your student Registration Summary must be included. NOTE: If mailing your tuition payment, the postmark date cannot be considered, and your payment will be returned to you. It is the studentís responsibility to withdraw from classes. Down payments for TIP cannot be mailed.
- Paying by check: Make check payable to Richland College and provide the valid driverís license number, date of birth, and daytime telephone number of the person signing the check. You must also include the studentís name and student ID number. WE DO NOT ACCEPT TEMPORARY CHECKS. Anyone who stops payment on a check will be charged $25 and will still be responsible for the unpaid tuition or purchases. This same policy applies to returned checks. Additionally, any student with a returned check or stop payment may be dropped from their classes any time prior to the issuance of the final class role or grading. Students wanting to pay for returned checks must submit payment to the cashiers in the form of cash or money order.
- Paying by money order: Make money order payable to Richland College; include the studentís name and student ID number, along with a daytime telephone number.
- Paying by credit card: Include studentís name and student ID number, a daytime telephone number, the credit card number, expiration date, 3-digit security code, zip code of card holder, the name of the credit card holder if different from the studentís, and an authorized signature.
Tuition Installment Plan (TIP)
NOTE: TIP is available for the Fall and Spring semesters ONLY.
Richland offers a Tuition Installment Plan which is available to all credit students, as long as the student registers and begins payment by the due date printed on your registration summary or prior to the first day of class of the semester, whichever comes first.
Hereís how to participate:
- After registering for classes,students must make arrangements for
installment payments online or in person at the cashier windows located in Thunderduck Hall (T140A). The student will be required to sign a Promissory Note if setting up the TIP at the cashier windows.
- When setting up a TIP,students must pay 50% of all tuition placed on the TIP, plus a $15 nonrefundable one-time set up charge per semester.
- The next installment of 25% is due on or before September 25.
- The final installment of 25% is due on or before October 30.
- The installment payments can be paid online, mailed in, put in the drop
box, made at the cashier windows, or paid by phone with a credit card.
- There is a $10 charge for late payments with a maximum of $20 in
late charges, per semester.
- When adding classes to your TIP,you must pay 50% of the additional
tuition or the class may be dropped for non-payment. You must make changes to your TIP on the day you make class changes. Your new class is not automatically added to your TIP.
- Stopping payment on your check will not cancel your installment plan. You must formally drop your classes, and you will still be responsible for the balance of your installment plan.
Classes added on or after the first day of class of the semester may not be eligible for the installment plan.