Academic Skills Workshop
- Collaboration with the Learning Center to provide a series of learning skills workshops. Students are able to learn about topics such as Learning Preferences, Campus Resources, Class Etiquette, etc., in a brown-bag lunch setting.
"Real Talk": Discussion Series
- Discussion series designed to empower the ‘student voice’ and critical thinking on issues affecting life out-side of the classroom.
- Monthly or Bi-Monthly event which focuses on ‘life’ issues and challenges that often impede the educational process and motivation of men in college.
- Objective: To provide males with a format to speak openly/honest/critically about issues related to manhood, healthy relationships, and accountability.
- Past topic Discussion:
- "Sex and Relationships"
- "Dating and Violence"
- "Man Cave" Discussion
Student Coordinator ‘Team Leader’ Meetings
- Bi monthly staff meetings with Students Leaders (2pm)
- Peer-to-Peer engagement on relative topics from agenda
- Special Guests: Faculty, Staff and various professionals invited to promote goal achievement.
- Leadership: Students are taught to lead meetings and discussions.
- Student "think-tank" concept used to guide programs based on feed-back.
- Objective: Promote self-efficacy through positive group affirmations, intellectual engagement and exercises designed impact their college experiences.
Open Mic & Poetry Slam
- Open-Mic and Poetry slam event is a student-lead social event geared to encourage artistic expression and student camaraderie.
- Student Coordinators Learn about event planning and promotion for this campus and community wide event.
- Student from the MIP encourage their peers to participate and share their musical and/or Artistic talents.
- The event encourages students, family members, local community and member colleges to participate.