The APA Style: Avoiding Plagiarism and Documenting Sources
In this tutorial, you will learn...
- What the APA style and format is and why it is important
- How to write a citation in the APA format
- How to cite sources in your paper
This tutorial consists of 3 parts:
- What is the APA style?
- Essentials of the APA Paper Style and Format
- Citing Your Sources
This tutorial takes approximately 1 hour to complete. If you need a score summary, you must complete this lesson in one sitting.
To master this tutorial, you must achieve a score of 100%. Each section of this lesson covers a different concept.
- Read each section. Turn on your speakers for sections with audio.
- Some terms are in bold green letters. Hover your mouse over words like these for a text popper.
- This tutorial also includes hyperlinks to other web sites. Click on one of these links to learn more about a specific concept. The link will open in a new window. When you are ready to return to this lesson, close the window with the outside link.
- The sidebar on the right side of the page may have additional information with handouts or links to other resources.
- Each section includes an activity to help you understand the topic. You can access the activity by clicking the activity's name. Complete the activity as many times as you like.
- Each section also includes a Self Check question to test your knowledge. Click on the Self Check button to access the question. You can retry the question until you get the correct answer.
- To return to a previous page, choose previous page at the bottom of each section or choose a page number at the top of each section.
- When you are ready to move on, click "next page" to go to the next section of the lesson.
- After completing the lesson, enter your name and print your score summary.
If you are completing this lesson for class credit, you may wish to submit the following 3 items to your instructor.
- Your printed APA Tutorial Score Summary
- Your NoodleBib comments page, with all citations marked as approved by a librarian or tutor
- Your References list