- What is a computer virus?
Viruses are programs written to do harm to your computer. Some will format your hard drive, some will attach themselves to other programs making these programs unusable, and some will attack the computer's memory.
- Where do viruses come from?
Most viruses are acquired from the Internet, Floppy disk, Email, etc.
- How do I know if I have a virus on my computer?
The best way to find a virus is to have a virus scanner on your computer and use it regularly.
- Do we have virus-checking software?
Yes! InocuLAN/InoculateIT Virus signatures are download to your PC as soon as we get new updates.
- How often should I scan my computer for viruses?
Most people scan for viruses weekly. If you download a lot of files from the Internet you might want to scan more often.
- My computer says I have a virus, what do I do now?
First, don't panic. This means the virus scanner you have is working. Most virus scanners come with a way to disinfect your computer. After you have disinfected the computer, it is always good practice to reboot and scan it again.
- Where can I find information about virus X?
A good place to start is the Symantec Security website or Mcafee Website.
- Will ITSC [ Information Technology Service Center ] remove a virus from my machine?
Yes. Just give us a call ex:6335
- I got an email warning me about a particular virus. I think it's a hoax. Where can I check to find out?
A good place to check for hoaxes is the Symantec Security website or Mcafee Website