Attention Faculty: Are you interested in teaching an Honors course? Consider applying to be one of the Honors Faculty Fellows. New Honors Faculty Fellows complete a New Faculty Fellows Proposal Form (Word Doc). Returning Honors Faculty Fellows who are already teaching an Honor course need to complete a Returning Faculty Fellows Form (Word Doc). Return forms to Kathleen Stephens at firstname.lastname@example.org by January 23, 2015, in order to be considered for Fall 2015.
In addition to teaching an Honors course, Richland's Faculty Fellows are involved in the Honors Academy community by attending events and sponsoring co-curricular and extra-curricular activities whenever possible.
If you are a current Richland professor interested in becoming a Faculty Fellow:
- Any interested faculty should begin by discussing their interest with their lead faculty coordinator and dean well before the proposal deadline.
- Once faculty and coordinator select a potential course, complete and submit the New Faculty Fellows Proposal Form (above). If you have any questions about the process or the form, please contact Kathleen Stephens at email@example.com.
- Submitted proposals should describe how your Honors course would achieve the Honors Student Learning Outcomes, focusing on ideas and activities you would like to develop.
- The Honors Council will evaluate the proposals to determine the suitability of the course for Honors based on proposed content and anticipated enrollment and will inform faculty of a decision about their proposal as soon as possible.
- All new Faculty Fellows attend an Honors Faculty Fellow training workshop prior to the start of their first semester teaching Honors. This workshop will help you develop your proposal ideas into a complete course, including providing tips and ideas from previous Faculty Fellows based on what worked in their Honors courses.
- Note: Proposals may be submitted for a course already offered as Honors in anticipation of teaching it when the current Fellow's term ends or in case additional Honors sections are needed in an upcoming semester.
Proposal deadline for selection of Honors courses for the Fall 2015 semester is January 23, 2015.