Welcome to the Richland College Adjunct Faculty Team!
New Adjunct Faculty Academy
Richland College enjoys a unique, robust culture inspired by our vision, mission and values. As a new Adjunct Faculty member you will be given opportunities for personal growth while accepting responsibility to help strengthen Richland's mission, vision, and values through scheduled professional development expectations. As a valued Richland College employee, your professional growth helps assure Richland College will be the best place to we can be to learn, teach, and build sustainable local and world community.
Please review the Richland College ThunderDocuments
Your discipline program coordinator will work closely with you to help you meet the professional development expectations of our adjunct faculty. The ACCESS Center and the Thunderwater Organizational Learning Institute (TOLI) are also prepared to assist you.
To begin, go to eConnect to register for professional development sessions. Once you have registered, please go to eCampus and enter your employee ID and eCampus password. If you have difficulties entering eCampus, please call the help desk at 972-669-6402. Once in eCampus; Click-On the Courses tab. Under the courses tab, you will find all of your courses listed. All courses that begin with an X are professional development courses; click on the training course you have registered for and begin.
Professional Development Schedule for All New Adjunct Faculty:
Prior to Teaching First Semester:
All Richland College employees who teach will be certified in eCampus, our DCCCD virtual campus, prior to teaching their first semester. Certification training specific to your teaching environment is provided through the following modules:
Within First Semester:
- Faculty Teaching Only in the Classroom - or
- Faculty Teaching Distance Learning (DL) or DL and Classroom - or
- Faculty Teaching Distance Learning at Richland with prior certification from another institution
Within First Year:
- New Adjunct Faculty Orientation and Handbook
- Fall Faculty Convocation or Spring Faculty Development with discipline breakout sessions (on campus activity)
- Safe Classroom Management
- FERPA training and quiz
- Emergency Response Training Video Keeping Safe in a Campus Emergency
- Overview of Richland College student services
- Introduction to Cooperative Learning
- Current Topics in Intercultural Competence (on campus activity)
New Faculty Academy Verification Form
Adjunct Faculty Academy Checklist